Crispy Fried Tofu with Spicy Hoisin Sauce
Crispy fried tofu is one of the most popular foods in Asia. It’s such a quick and easy recipe and makes a delicious appetiser, afternoon snack, or even part of the main dish. Today we’re sharing the secret of making the tofu crispy on the outside and soft on the inside! Plus, we’ll share a delicious sauce to enjoy with the crispy fried tofu.
Recipe Benefits: Gluten Free, Peanut Free, MSG Free, and Vegan.
1 block of tofu, firm or extra firm
Spicy Hoisin Sauce
1/2 cup Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Hoisin Sauce
1/2 teaspoon (or more) Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Sate Chilli Oil. (Note: This can be omitted for a non-spicy version)
1/4 cup water
- Cut the tofu into equal, square portions.
- Add oil in a pan or a wok and heat it on medium-high heat.
- Fry on both sides for about 5 minutes, or until tofu turns light yellow-brown and crispy on the outside.
- Take the tofu out and let it rest before eating.
- Put all of the sauce ingredients together in a bowl and mix well. Drizzle on top of tofu or use as a side dipping sauce.
We love to enjoy this dish with steamed rice and a herb salad.
Mrs. Tran’s Kitchen Products Used:
• Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Hoisin Sauce
• Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Sate Chilli Oil