A family favourite, our fried rice is great as a side or as the main show! Quick and easy to make, and tasty too. We take it to the next level with our Sate Chilli Oil.
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Sate Chilli Oil
5 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 onion, finely chopped
200g bacon, chopped
2 cups frozen diced vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
4 cups cooked white rice (day old refrigerated)
3 eggs, whisked
1 cup fried shallots
½ cup spring onion, sliced
- Heat about 1½ tbsp oil in a wok or 2 tbsp oil in a skillet over high heat until smoking.
- Add onion, garlic and bacon. Cook until bacon is light golden – about 1½ minutes.
- Add vegetables (still frozen is fine). Cook for 2 minutes so they defrost and water evaporates
- Add rice and Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Sate Chilli Oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes until fragrant.
- Move rice to the side of the wok / skillet. Add ½ tbsp oil into the cleared space, shift wok so the heat is centred over the cleared space. Pour in egg then scramble, folding it in with the rest of the rice when curds are cooked through.
- Add fried shallot and spring onions, toss to mix.
- Remove from heat and serve.