Pork and Prawn Rice Paper Rolls
Impress your friends (or yourself!) with this easy to follow rice paper roll recipe, using our all-natural rice paper. These light and tasty rolls are perfect for a light lunch/dinner or entrée.
8 pieces Mrs Tran’s Kitchen White [Original] Rice Paper
250g boiled pork belly
200g Mrs Tran’s Kitchen White Thin Rice Vermicelli
½ cup Vietnamese mint with stems removed
1 Iceberg lettuce
- Boil 250g pork belly for 20 minutes in boiling water, or until done. Leave at room temperature to cool. Slice thinly once cooled, set aside.
- Boil prawns for 3 minutes, or until just cooked. Leave at room temperature to cool. Peel prawns and set aside.
- Boil vermicelli rice noodles for 3-4 minutes, or per packaging instructions. Drain, and wash in cold running water for 1 minute. Drain well, set aside.
- Cut iceberg lettuce in half, separate leaves from the core. Wash the leaves, and then tear into rough sizes. Set aside.
- Working with 1 sheet of rice paper at a time, dip into warm water for about 10 seconds, turning until it begins to soften. Shake off excess water. Lay on a clean work surface.
- Place a few slices of pork belly slices, 2 prawns, 2-3 pieces of lettuce, handful of mint, handful of vermicelli noodles in the center, about 3 cm away from the edges.
- Fold base and sides of wrapper over filling and roll up firmly to enclose. Transfer to a plate and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat.
- For dipping sauce, try using our Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Rice Paper Roll dipping sauce.