Sweet and Sour Pork
Have restaurant-style food, right from the comfort of your home! This sweet and sour pork is exactly like what you’d get in the restaurants. Sticky, sweet, crispy and tangy. Bonus, it’s quick to cook and perfect for a weeknight meal, without the guilt of getting take-out.
Recipe Benefits: Peanut Free, Gluten Free, MSG Free, No Colouring and No Artificial Additives.
Prep time: 5 Mins
Cook time: 10 Mins
400g pork – diced into 3cm cubes
6 tbs Mrs Tran’s Kitchen Pineapple sweet chilli sauce
6 tbs gluten-free tomato sauce
4 tbs water
2 tbs white vinegar
1/2 green capsicum – diced
1 small brown onion – diced
1 small tomato – diced
cooking oil for shallow frying
Gluten-Free Batter Ingredients
5 tbs rice flour
5 tbs water
pinch of salt
Alternative Meats: Chicken
Vegan Option: Battered tofu
Seafood Option: Fried Fish or battered prawns
- Whisk batter ingredients together until well combined, then coat the diced pork.
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat in preparation for shallow fry.
- Dice green capsicum, brown onion and tomato into large chunks then combine into a separate pan along with the white vinegar, tomato sauce, water and MRS TRAN’S KITCHEN® Pineapple Sweet Chilli Sauce. Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat while stirring occasionally.
- Once the sauce is cooked, pour it over the cooked pork and serve with jasmine rice.
Mrs. Tran’s Kitchen Products Used:
• Mrs. Tran’s Kitchen Pineapple Sweet Chilli Sauce